Fisheries Research and Information Centre (Inland), Hesaraghatta
The center was established in the year 1965 and transferred to KVAFSU in April 2005 with a mandate.
About the Centre
- Located adjacent to Hesaraghatta Lake about 25 km from Bengaluru city in 10 acre land
- Established in the year 1960 by Govt. of Karnataka– Fisheries Research Station
- Got transferred to University of Agricultural Sciences Bengaluru -1966
- A part of KVAFSU – since 2005 & re-nominated as Fisheries Research & Information Center (Inland)
- Major center for inland fisheries research
- Demonstrate composite fish culture and fresh water prawn culture to farmers
- Demonstrate Improved technologies for breeding and rearing fish/prawn species suitable for Inland aquaculture
- Demonstrate revenue generation through ornamental fish culture
- Carry out research on genetics, breeding, nutrition, health, rearing practices and marketing of inland fish/prawn species.