Faculty of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
Professor and Head
Veterinary Pharmacology , Veterinary Toxicology, Ethnopharmacology etc.
Veterinary College, Vinobanagar – 577 204, Shivamogga
Obtained the BVSc degree in the year 1990 from UAS Dharwad, MVSc in 1993 from IVRI, PhD in 2004 from UAS, Bangalore.
Joined as Veterinary Officer in the Dept of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services 11-03-1992. Joined KVAFSU on 15-07-2005. On 20-01-2012 recruited as Associate Professor and presently working in the Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology, Veterinary College, Shivamogga-577204
Served as Major Advisor of 26 MVSc students and 6 PhD students. Member of Advisory Committee for more than 66 students including MVSc/MSc/PhD. Offered various courses to UG and PG students.
Written 4 books in Kannada as first author and writing Kannada articles to daily news papers for the benefit of Farmers.
Published more than 75 articles in Journals and presented more than 120 papers in different conferences and symposia. Acted as member of several committees in College and University levels.
Projects operated (With details)
Served as Principal Investigator of 8 extramural projects and Co-Principal Investigator of 8 extramural projects.
As Principal Investigator:
- Principal Investigator of the Project entitled “Obscure Disease of Cattle and Buffaloes of Karnataka: Studies on Cause and Cure” funded by Planning Commission” Government of India in a project cost of Rs:80 Lakhs.
- Principal Investigator of the Project entitled “Toxicity study of Astercanthus longifolius Sida species and its preparations" funded by Herbal Science Trust in a project cost of Rs:2.4 Lakhs.
- Principal Investigator of the Project entitled “Pharmacological and toxicological evaluation of few herbal preparations with a special reference to Astracantha longifolia and its preparations" funded by private agency in a project cost of Rs:2.64 Lakhs.
- Principal Investigator of the Project entitled ‘Efficacy and safety study of herbal neutraceutical with reference to Pterocarpus marcupium, Caralluma and coffie extracts in rats funded by BAL Pharmaceuticals, Bangalore for 2.53 Lakhs.
- Principal Investigator of the Project entitled Anticancerous property of Bridella retusa in rats funded by NM Academy, Bangalore in a Project cost of Rs:3,43,046-00
- Principal Investigator of the Project entitled “Evaluation of anti-diabetic property of few breeds of cow urine in rats” in cost of Rs:6,73,00-00 By Dharmachakra Trust.
- Project Coordinator of the RKVY sponsored project entitled “Induction of lactation in unproductive cattle” of Rs:85 Lakhs.
- Project Coordinator of the RKVY sponsored project entitled “Validation of ethnoveterinary practices” of Rs:78 Lakhs
- Principal Investigator and Head “ Obscure Disease Research Center” at Shivamogga worth of 30 crores.
- Co-Principal Investigator of the project entitled “Pharmacokinetic study of hydroxy progesterone caproate in cattle, sheep and goats” funded by VETCARE India Limited, Bangalore of Rs:2.4 Lakhs.
- Co-Principal Investigator in the Government of Karnataka Sponsored Project entitled “Pharmacological and therapeutic evaluation of cow urine” in an amount of 4.14 crores.
- Co-Principal Investigator of the project “Comparative efficacy evaluation of some herbal products in broilers and turkeys ” for Rs: 1,58,600 funded by Ayurvet for the year 2013-14.
- Co-Principal Investigator of the project “Efficacy of herbal mycotoxin binders in amelioration of induced mycotoxicosis in layers” for Rs: 1,50,800 funded by Ayurvet for the year 2013-14
- Co-Principal Investigator of the project “Studies on wound healing efficacy and safety of enhanced slow release iodine preparation in experimental animals” for Rs:156000-00 funded by SERCARE Bangalore for the year 2013-14 for the year 2013-14
- Co-Principal Investigator of the project “Effect of polyherbal extract on hair follicles: permanent inhibition in laboratory animals” for Rs: 3,25,816-00 for the year 2013-14
Specialized in the field of Veterinary Toxicology (Plant Toxicosis, Mycotoxicosis etc) and also in Veterinary Pharmacology (Ethnopharmacology, Pharmacokinetics and Experimental Pharmacology).
- Fellow of Academy of Sciences for Animal Welfare
- UAS Gold medal for highest CGPA in PhD by UAS, Bengaluru.
- Best Veterinarian award from Karnataka Veterinary Association.
- Best Kannada Agriculture Book Award from University of Agriculture Sciences, GKVK, Bengaluru for the book "ಜಾನುವಾರುಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ವಿಷಬಾಧೆ"
- Best Kannada Scientific Book Award by (karnataka Science and Technology Academy (KSTA), Government of Karnataka to the book entitled "ಹೈನು ಹೊನ್ನು" published by Sapna Book House, Bengaluru.
- Awarded with 8 University medals for the extramural funds operated as Principal Investigator.
- Got best paper paper presentation award from Indian Society of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology, India.
- Best poster presentation award from Society of Toxicology, India.
Fellow of Academy of Sciences for Animal Welfar
E-mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Office Telephone Number : 91+8182-651005
Mobile Number : 91+9448059777
Dr. SUNILCHANDRA. U., MVSc, PhD.
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology,
Veterinary College, Shivamogga-577204
Obtained the BVSc, MVSc and PhD degree from Veterinary College, Bengaluru.
Joined as Veterinary Officer in the Dept of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services. Joined KVAFSU as Assistant Professor during the year 2007. Has got 11 years experience in KVAFSU as Assistant Professor
Projects operated (With details)
Served as Co-Principal Investigator of various extramural projects.
- RKVY sponsored project entitled “Induction of lactation in unproductive cattle” of Rs:58 Lakhs.
RKVY sponsored project entitled “Validation of ethnoveterinary practices” of Rs:32 Lakhs
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Mobile Number: 91+ 9448501496