Department of Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics
A. Undergraduate programme
Theory: VGO-421 Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics (2+0)
VGO-511 Andrology and Artificial Insemination (2+0)
Practical: VGO-422 Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics (0+2)
II. Research: Nil
VGO-512 Andrology and Artificial Insemination (0+2)
VAC-421 Veterinary Ambulatory Clinics-I (0+2)
VAC-511 Veterinary Ambulatory Clinics-II (0+2)
- All the staff members are actively involving in Animal health and infertility camps conducted in and around the Shivamogga.
- All the staff members of the department are actively participating in the training programmes as resource personnel organized by Veterinary College, Shivamogga for field Veterinarians and Farmers.
- Department of VGO has been involved in training of internees by arraigning animal health and infertility camps in association with department of AH &VS and KMF, Shivamogga.
- All the staff members are regularly providing expertise services to the farmers residing in and around the Shivamogga city with regard to both for small and large animals infertility problems.
IV. Facilities available in the Department of VGO
- Department of VGO is well equipped with small animal OPD, small Animal operation theatre and large animal OPD.
- Treatment facilities both for small and large animals have been provided regularly and on an average 100-150 animals will be examined and treated per month in the department VGO under TVCC.
- Department is also equipped with ULTRASONOGRAPHY UNIT which has been regularly used for Clinico-gynaecological examination and diagnosis of genital disorders of both small and large animals.