Department of Instructional Livestock Farm Complex
The Department of Livestock Farm Complex (ILFC) established (VCI, MSVE-2008 regulation) to train B.V.Sc. & A.H. students in animal farming. Dept. has different species and breeds of farm animals for teaching, research and training purpose. The Dept. also caters the needs of farming community by supplying breeding stock, fodder seeds and root slips.
Units under Livestock Farm complex:
- Dairy Unit :The dairy farm unit is comprised of crossbred Jersey and Holstein Friesian cows. In addition, Deoni, Hallikar and Gir animals are being maintained for teaching, Research and extension purposes.
- Sheep and Goat Unit : The unit consists of Bannur Sheep and Osmanabadhi Goat which maintained under semi-intensive system of rearing.
- Piggery Unit :The Piggery/swine unit with Large White Yorkshire (LWY) and Duroc breeds of pigs have been was constructed under RKVY project and maintained by Dept. of LFC.
- Equine Unit : Thoroughbred horse is available for the purpose of teaching students about handling and management of horses.
- Poultry and Hatchery Unit : Different species of poultry like Chicken (Capacity: 1000 Brioler, 1000 cage layers, 500 breeders), Japanese quails, Turkeys and ducks are maintained in deep litter and Cage system. Hatchery unit of 10,000 setting capacity is established under RKVY.
- Fodder Unit : Fodder section of this unit is another major unit which involved in cultivation of different varieties of perennial and annual fodder plots under irrigation (10 acres) and rain fed in an area of 40 acres. A well established fodder museum developed and maintained by UG students.
- Small Animal House: A well established Laboratory animal house as per the CPCSEA standards are maintained in this unit for both teaching and research purpose.
- Feed Processing unit: Around five ton per day capacity of feed processing unit for the preparation of concentrate feed mixture for different species of livestock and poultry is being maintained and a mineral mixture preparation unit is also being maintained.
1. Extension Folders:
- ವೈಜ್ಞಾನಿಕ ಹಂದಿ ಸಾಕಾಣಿಕೆ
- ಹಂದಿ ತಳಿಗಳ ಆ0iÉ್ಕು ಮತ್ತು ಸಂವರ್ಧನೆ
- ಹಂದಿ ರೋಗಗಳು ಮತ್ತು ಅವುಗಳ ಹತೋಟಿ ಕ್ರಮಗಳು
- ಪರಿಶುದ್ಧ ಹಂದಿ ಮಾಂಸದ ಉತ್ಪಾದನೆ – ಅನುಸರಿಸಬೇಕಾದ ಕ್ರಮಗಳು
- ಬರಗಾಲದಲ್ಲಿ ಜಾನುವಾರುಗಳ ನಿರ್ವಹಣೆ
- ವೈಜ್ಞಾನಿಕ ಆಡು ಸಾಕಾಣಿಕೆ
- ವೈಜ್ಞಾನಿಕ ಕುರಿ ಸಾಕಾಣಿಕೆ
Regular training programmes and demonstration were conducted for the benefit of farmers on various animal farming activities like Dairy farming, Piggery farming, Poultry farming, Sheep and Goat farming.
a. Farmers Training
b. Field demonstrations