Livestock Research & Information Center (Deoni), Hallikhed (B), Bidar
Ongoing research projects
- Preliminary approval of Project for “Establishment of Deoni Gokul Grama in Bidar District” has been received from Karnataka Livestock Development Agency, Bengaluru.
- “Studies on the productive and reproductive performance of Deoni cows under intensive conditions” – Staff research project
- “Study of incidence of theileriosis in dairy cattle” in collaboration with National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad
- “Study on genetic polymorphism of BLTF, TLR4 and CD14 genes and their association with mastitis in Holstein Friesian crossbred and Deoni cattle” in collaboration with Veterinary College, Hebbal, Bengaluru.
Completed research projects
- “Study on metabolic profile of Deoni cows in transition period” in collaboration with Veterinary College, Bidar
- 3 bull calves of high yielding Deoni cows from the research centre have been transferred to the Livestock Breeding Training Centre, Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Government of Karnataka, for inclusion in the Artificial Insemination programme.
- LRIC (Deoni) has been awarded First Prize in Deoni breed category at the Krishi Mela held at KVK, Bidar during 11-13 December, 2015.