Fisheries Research And Information Centre (Inland), Hesaraghatta
The newly formed KVAFSU, Bidar initiated Inland Fisheries Research at FRIC, Hesaraghatta, Bangalore (Formerly with UAS, Bangalore). The center was established in the year 1965 and transferred to KVAFSU in April 2005 with a mandate.
About the Centre
- Located adjacent to Hesaraghatta Lake about 25 km from Bengaluru city in 10 acre land
- Established in the year 1960 by Govt. of Karnataka– Fisheries Research Station
- Got transferred to University of Agricultural Sciences Bengaluru -1966
- A part of KVAFSU – since 2005 & re-nominated as Fisheries Research & Information Center (Inland)
- Major center for inland fisheries research
- Demonstrate composite fish culture and fresh water prawn culture to farmers
- Demonstrate Improved technologies for breeding and rearing fish/prawn species suitable for Inland aquaculture
- Demonstrate revenue generation through ornamental fish culture
- Carry out research on genetics, breeding, nutrition, health, rearing practices and marketing of inland fish/prawn species.