Extension Education Center, Bidar
The Extension Education Center, Veterinary College, Bidar is working under Directorate of Extension, KVAFSU, Bidar as a single window extension service provider. It is mandated with co-ordination of Technology generation, testing, refining and transfer activities. as follows.
- Capacity building of youth, farmers and women involved or interested in livestock production .
- Creating awareness about the latest, proven and recommended scientific practices by organizing on-campus and off-campus extension activities like trainings, demonstration etc.
- Organization and coordination of Extension Programmes, Exhibitions, Animal Health Camps, Demonstrations, Kisan Gosthies, Farmer study tours; training to farmers, farm women and field veterinarians.
- Publish need based farm literatures like booklets, pamphlets, folders, in Kannada.
- Organizing or participating as resource person in farmers’ participatory workshops, interface meets between scientists and veterinary officers / livestock extension officers / dairy development officers and farmers.
- To provide livestock advisory services to various stakeholders
- involved in investigation, situation analysis, problem identification and extension programme planning
- Act as a linkage between researchers, farmers and other stakeholders of livestock production. Supporting feedback, investigation and decision making process.
- Various services of Veterinary College, Bidar to different stakeholders is depicted through the online video available @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ-i7lf0KJ8